Chinese language automotive conglomerate Geely Group has posted its annual gross sales outcomes for 2022, which accounted for greater than 2.3 million autos bought and practically 5% development total. Though not all of these gross sales had been all-electric fashions, EVs accounted for practically a 3rd of them. Right here’s how every of the Group’s EV manufacturers carried out in 2022.
Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd., higher referred to as Geely, is a multinational automotive firm primarily based in China with ties to a number of different OEMs across the globe – whether or not they’re wholly or partially owned.
For instance, Geely owns a big majority of Volvo Automobiles, simply over 50% of Polestar, and co-owns the good model alongside Mercedes-Benz AG. Lotus has additionally been majority owned by Geely Holding Group since 2017.
Along with the bulk stakes above, the corporate operates its personal model of autos below its Geely Auto marque and has applied EV-centric manufacturers like ZEEKR lately as properly. The checklist goes on, nevertheless it’s clear to see that Geely Group has a robust presence on the heartbeat of automotive gross sales in China, which has unfold to different markets just like the US and Europe.
However who pulled its weight for Geely probably the most in 2022? Was it Lynk & Co? Farizon Auto? Right here’s how 2022 fared for every of the Geely Group manufacturers under.
Breaking down Geely Group’s 2022 gross sales development by model
In keeping with latest gross sales numbers launched by Geely Group this week, the corporate noticed year-over-year gross sales development of 4.7% in 2022, promoting no less than 2 million autos for a fifth 12 months straight.
The Group is reporting the sale of over 675,000 electrified private and business autos inside that development, accounting for 29% of its combination gross sales. That electrical gross sales benchmark is double in comparison with 2021.
Right here’s gross sales/progress damaged down by every Geely Group model:
- Geometry (Geely Auto)
- Geely’s mass market pure electrical model launched two new fashions in 2022 whereas increasing outdoors of China into Japanese Europe and South America. Its gross sales had been 149,389 items in 2022, representing YOY gross sales development of 170%.
- Livan (Geely Auto)
- Geely’s battery-swap EV model bought 56,140 items in China throughout its first 12 months of gross sales.
- Lynk & Co (Geely Auto)
- Geely’s premium ICE/hybrid model bought 180,127 autos globally whereas increasing its subscription enterprise mannequin by 145% to greater than 180,000 members in Europe alone in 2022.
- ZEEKR (Geely Auto)
- Geely Group’s EV-specific model accomplished its first full 12 months of gross sales by exceeding its goal of 70,000 items, led by the ZEEKR 001 (seen above). The corporate goals to just about double its gross sales in 2023 whereas its expands into European markets. Maybe the US after that? We predict so.
- Lotus Automobiles
- Lotus started its full transition into changing into an all-electric model in 2022 with the beginning of gross sales of its Eletre SUV. The automaker additionally used 2022 as its swan music to the Emira, its last inside combustion engine mannequin. Geely says orders are robust in 2023 already, however hasn’t shared any particular gross sales numbers.
- Volvo Automobiles
- Much like Lotus, Geely’s Swedish enterprise used 2022 as a significant turning level for electrification. Volvo Automobiles noticed unit gross sales attain 615,121 autos, however absolutely electrical autos solely accounted for 10.9%. Nonetheless, Geely Group says that YOY EV development is sort of threefold. These gross sales ought to improve when the brand new, ultra-safe EX90 SUV arrives.
- Geely’s premium Swedish electrical model accomplished its IPO on the NYSE final 12 months, earlier than delivering on its aim to promote 50,000 autos globally, up about 80% YOY. With the Polestar 3 SUV on the way in which in 2023 and a brand new Polestar EV to comply with yearly thereafter by way of 2026, there’s rather a lot to be enthusiastic about surrounding the Polestar model.
- Geely’s three way partnership with Mercedes started deliveries in China of its first all-electric SUV, the good #1, in September. It has already delivered over 10,000 items whereas it appears to increase to new markets in Europe and Southeast Asia in 2023.
- This model noticed a gross sales improve of 55% in 2022 and exists below Geely’s New Power Business Automobile Group. It has been creating electrified business autos of its personal as of late too. This contains the “Homtruck”electrical semi coming in 2024, and its extremely customizable SuperVAN.
- In 2022, this British electrical taxi and business van model noticed gross sales of its electrical range-extended TX taxi and VN5 vans develop by about 67%. It can work in 2023 to turn into a zero-carbon automobile producer and mobility know-how supplier, aiming to develop no less than 20%.
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.